List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Corel Linux
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2000-01-31 15:15:45

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000, Roberto Alsina wrote:

> > | The important difference being?
> >
> > that sun, netscape, and corel are all seeking to sell products. kde.org
> > is not.
>
> And how does that make a difference about the perceived quality of the
> software? Do you expect commercial software to be better?

And you don't? I sure as heck expect that if I'm PAYING for
a commercial product, that I will have few problems with
it, or that if I do, there will be support there.... That's
why Mandrake (for example) doesn't support the MacMillan
distribution of their product...at least not directly.
MacMillan is in charge of providing support for their
version of the Mandrake distro.
	John