List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: ctrl-alt-del
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       2000-01-31 4:00:25

On Sun, 30 Jan 2000, cedric wrote:

| I am alpha testing a program and it hangs occasionally.
| How can I get out of it without having to reboot?"

alt-ctrl-esc will give you the skull & crossbones mouse pointer; click
it on the wayward app and the app will disappear (though it's useful to
look in top or ktop for any artifacts you may have to kill
individually, and in netscape, you'd need to go into ~/.netscape and
nuke the lock file). after clicking ctrl-alt-esc, the entire desktop is
seemingly unresponsive until you "unload" the icon of death someplace
-- so if the "hung" application suddenly comes to life, you might think
you're in a fix. but hitting ctrl-alt-esc will make the skull and
crossbones go away again, so you can be about your business.
--
dep