List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Unidentified Subject...
From:       dfox () belvdere ! vip ! best ! com
Date:       1999-12-31 3:35:44

> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/lib/qt-cvs/src/moc'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `localsubs', needed by `all'.  Stop.

I had gotten that error as well a few times back. My solution was to
just delete the 'localsubs' reference in the 'make all' line in the
Makefile(s).  Of course, later revs of the source fix this problem.
So, you might as well just upgrade the source code you have.

While I'm here, I might as well mention rsync, which is a wonderful
way to get an automatically updated rev of the qt (or other sources
that use it) source. Go to a convenient directory (such as
/usr/local/src/qt2) and type this at the shell prompt:

# rsync -av rsync.troll.no::qt .

If you're already in your qt source directory, doing this routinely
will ensure you always have the latest stuff.

(For the developers: have you looked into using this instead of cvsup?
 Any comments?)

> gLaNDix
David E. Fox                 Tax              Thanks for letting me
dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com   the              change magnetic patterns
root@belvedere.sbay.org      churches         on your hard disk.