List:       kde-user
Subject:    1.1.2 killed my login manager
From:       Tone Milazzo <amilazzo () ucsd ! edu>
Date:       1999-12-28 23:49:09

used to be that when I started up I saw the nice kde login manager
before logging in.  Since I upgraded to 1.1.2 a few hours ago, instead
of getting the login manager I get the gray Xfree screen with the X
cursor and nothing else.  When I Ctrl-Alt-F1 the error message is:

Fatal Server Error:
Server is already active for display 0
        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock and
start
again

To get X running I have to Ctrl-c, "kill /usr/X11R6/bin/X", and "startx"

I've run Xconfigurator to try and fix things.
I've installed most of the 1.1.2 rpms
I've run kdm from the prompt with and without the -nodaemon arg
I've notice that I get a core dump every time I boot up

on another note then I try to run Kppp I get a prompt for a password and
then it dies.

What do I have to do to get the login manager back the way it was?

thanks in advance, Tone