List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: problem
From:       "Santiago Burbano" <santib () mtservicios ! com>
Date:       1999-12-20 16:31:58

> hello
> please help anybody to how can I  configure following items:-
> I use linux-mandrake 6.1
>
> 1. Avermedia TV Card (PCI)
> 2. S3 Trio 3D 2x AGP
>
> kind co-operation anticipated.
> satyajit

First of all, I might be wrong. I haven't checked kernel updates for 3-4
months so may be it has changed.

Unfortunately, kernel video4linux drivers only offer limited support to the
Avermedia TV card (that is based on the Bt878 chip). 'Limited support'
actually means that I haven't got it working. Unless latest kernel updates
have changed the situation, you have two options:

- Get a card based on the Bt848 chip (which kernel claims to support)
- Wait until supported

Sorry for the bad news. Anyway, if you get it working, please inform me. I
have the same card and is the only piece of hardware I have to use under
Winblows.

Santiago