List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Shuting down KDE/X ?
From:       "Dwayne C . Litzenberger" <dlitz () cheerful ! com>
Date:       1999-11-30 3:22:37

This has happened to me recently.  Assuming you're running a >= 2.2
kernel with the Magic SysRQ Keys enabled, you can just SysRq-k, and it
works, though I have no idea why.

SysRQ is Alt-PrintScreen on i386.

--
"I already have all the latest software."
     -- Laura Winslow, "Family Matters"

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

Advertising Policy: http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/spamoff.htm
GnuPG Public Key:   http://DLitzPower.tripod.com/gpgkey.asc
     Fingerprint:   0535 F7CF FF5F 8547 E5A5 695E 4456 FB6C BC39 A4B0