List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE2 and Kmail
From:       dep <dep () snet ! net>
Date:       1999-11-30 1:51:45

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Trond Kristiansen wrote:

|Ok, now KDE2 is up and running with koffice etc. but, I can't recive mail with
|Kmail. Not from pop3 or local.

yeah. there was some code commented out in at least kmacctpop.cpp
which shut off the retrieval. which at least here has turned out to
be a good thing -- with it uncommented here, the mail is downloaded
and deleted from the server, but never shows up in the inbox. nor,
best i can tell, anyplace else. i lost all of last night and this
morning's mail because of that -- including a warning from another
user who had brought the mail in to a mail spool with fetchmail; when
kmail grabbed it, it disappeared from the spool but, again, never
turned up in the kmail inbox. i have not tried it set to leave the
mail on the server; i'm gonna wait a day or two, build the newest
snapshots, and then d/l with kmail 1.0.28 while leaving on the
server, then hope over to kde2 and see if kmail there will d/l it and
whether it leaves it on the server or not. a little scary, at least
for some of us, just now. but hey, this is pre-alpha!

--
                2000 is a number that breaks computers.