List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: VI Editor
From:       Chris Green <cgreen () x-1 ! net>
Date:       1999-11-22 9:02:26

On Sun, Nov 21, 1999 at 09:12:43PM -0500, Mike Green wrote:
> A bit of philosophy here from another Mike :-)
>
> There are those who can type well ...and those of us who can't.  (E.g. I had to
> type the word "from" in the first line above three times to get it right :-))
> The mouse increases my efficiency tremendously.  And I wouldn't want an editor
> that wasn't heavily GUId and mousey.
>
> And that is not only because of Win"doz."  More than half a dozen years ago I
> was working at a Sun Sparc workstation using the X-windows environment, when a
> co-worker observed that my left hand was going to atrophy and drop off because I
> was using the mouse so much!

There's nothing to say that vi and mice don't go together well!  I use
vile/xvile (yet another vi clone) and xvile, the X version of this
editor, is very mouse aware.  The great advantage for me is that, like
many others, I can find an editor I know on just abut any system.  On
my home and work systems I have the additional power and ease of use
of xvile with its mousiness, multiple windows, etc.

--
Chris Green (cgreen@x-1.net)
  Home: chris@isbd.demon.co.uk		 Work: cgreen@bcs.org.uk