List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: VI Editor
From:       Bill Delphenich <bdelph () krjda ! com>
Date:       1999-11-21 15:36:17

I have been using Linux seriously for about a year and a half now. When I
first started I jumped right into emacs and was ready to stick with that
forever. Vi seemed a little odd. However, the very next server I set up was a
secure server with minimal packages installed ( for security reasons ) and I
discovered emacs wasn't there. I have since become a born-again vi guy. With
only a couple of commands under my belt, I can do anything I want to in any
file on my system. Plus, I don't have to worry about whether my text editor
will be there when I sit down to a new machine.

My $.02.