List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: qt1g upgrade problem
From:       Jonathan Jefferies <jonathanj () allant ! com>
Date:       1999-11-19 2:12:23

Paul Nesbit wrote:

> Hello all.
>
>    Trying to upgrade qt1g ver. 1.40-1.1 to ver. 1.44-6.
> However, when I dpkg -i qt1*.deb (am using debian slink
> with PII, 32M ram, blah, blah) I receive the following
> error:
>   ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11/lib/libqt.so (no such file or
> dir)
>
> Am I supposed to install this lib, or was it supposed
> to have been created/installed for me already by qt1g_1.40-1.1?
> I notice now that a link called libqt.so exists, linked to
> a file named libqt.so.1.40, which does not exist.  Any help
> very appreciated.

Went through this shuffle a while back when upgrading KDE.
If I remember correctly I had to install libqt.so.1.40.  Don't
know why it was missing.  Thing is I don't remember if I took
it from my original distro or if I had to download it.  My distro
of slink came with a version of KDE but I wanted to upgrade because
of some minor problems.  But it must have been simple to do as I
did manage to do the upgrade.

J.

--
Jonathan Jefferies