List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE Audio Servers
From:       Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-11-13 21:38:20

On Sam, 13 Nov 1999, Troy Telford wrote:

> Typically the kaudioserver (or kwmsound... i'm not sure which), at any
> rate, it routes the sound through to /dev/dsp.  Now, I want to change
> that so for all the users on my system the KDE sounds are routed through
>
> /dev/dsp1, rather than the default /dev/dsp..  That way I can have,
> say... XMMS playing on /dev/dsp, and still have the default KDE sounds
> playing (and mixing in...) at the same time.

I've got the same problem: I'd like to play for example XMMS AND the KDE sounds
AT THE SAME TIME. Is there any way to mix different sources of sound into one
single? The ultimative solution would allow me to play multiple XMMS's at the
same time (I'd mix some MP3's into each other... ;-)

Thank you, Frerich

 --    Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe@gmx.de>, Wilhelmshaven/Germany
	"An infinite number of monkeys typing on a keyboard can't
	 write such bad code as a single microsoft developer does."