List:       kde-user
Subject:    problem with KPager
From:       Mohit Aron <aron () cs ! rice ! edu>
Date:       1999-10-31 20:43:51

Hi,
	I've recently switched to using KDE (I used to use fvwm2 earlier).
Unfortunately, the KPager is causing me some trouble. I usually like
to switch workspaces on a single left mouse click and I've configured my
KPager to behave this way. However, KPager also "moves" windows around by
dragging the left mouse click over the window in the KPager. Unfortunately,
there doesn't appear to be any time threshold used by KPager to determine
whether it should be moving windows or switching workspaces. Sometimes when
I'm trying to switch workspaces, the KPager instead moves the window over which
I happened to click.

Is there some way using which I can remove the "move window" functionality
from my left mouse button and instead move it to the middle mouse button.
Incidentally, the default function of the middle mouse click in the KPager is
to resize windows. Although the KPager documentation proudly says that this
functionality is not implemented in any other pager, I think it is practically
useless. Why should anyone resize windows inside the Kpager when it can be
done more conveniently and accurately on the actual window itself ?

- Mohit