List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: compiler flags for kdenetwork
From:       Philip Lehman <lehman () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-10-31 11:24:34

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com wrote:

>> Compiling kdenetwork, however, fails right at the beginning (with
>> karchie) - even when using only the following flags for this package:
>> CFLAGS="-O3 -mpentium"
>> CXXFLAGS="-O3 -mpentium"
>
>I personally don't see how compiler flags of this type could
>cause undefined reference error messages.

Neither did I, so I was wonderig wether they were caused by using
-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti on the libraries. As it turned out in the
meantime, the answer it yes.

I'm still not sure wether pushing optimization as far as -O3 is a good
idea. Comments, anybody? I got two kfm segfaults so I switched back to
-O2. Since then, everything seems to be fine.

--
Space for hire. Contact Philip Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>