List:       kde-user
Subject:    error on KDE startup
From:       Bob Hartung <rwhartung () home ! com>
Date:       1999-10-31 2:59:51

I have had a numbe of problems primarily concerning a KVM switch and
my mouse.  However, the endpoint is that KDE no longer would start.  I
have done the following:

	Upgraded to XRee86-3.3.1-49.  All packages verify and X configures
and runs under gnome.
	Reinstalled KDE three times:  The latest was after upgrading
XFree86.  All packages verify
                                       after the installation.

The problem:
	The Program  "usekde" does not appear to be on my computer anywhere.
I know I can hand edit the                         .Xclients file  but
would rather not.
        From the command line [X not running] entering "startkde"
gives rise to a list of errors all
                     stating that the program cannot connect to the X
server.

I am a relative newbie and would not like to have to do a complete
reformat and reinstall.  Cany someone give me a shove in the right
direction.  I have looked at the KDE FAQs but I'm not finding the
answer.

TIA

Bob