List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: aliases not getting set in kvt
From:       "Santiago Burbano" <santib () mtservicios ! com>
Date:       1999-10-21 7:47:34

> Why isn't kde seeing the alias settings in /etc/csh.login? If I set my
login
> shell to bash, then it can see aliases that I put in /etc/profile, but if
> start up in csh/tcsh then it doesn't execute csh.login. Does kvt (or any
> other x terminal) look at any other scripts opened?

Bash has two different init scripts. One is .bash_profile and the other is
.bashrc. The first one is executed for login shells and the second for
non-login shells. If you want bash to behave the same in both cases you have
to make sure that both scripts are the same (what I do is put everything in
.bashrc and make .bash_profile just execute it).

I don't know if this applies also to csh or tcsh, but, it's worth a try.
Look in the manual, it should be described there.

Santiago

PS: kvt is always a non-login shell.