List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: help in KDE
From:       Richard Adams <pa3gcu () zeelandnet ! nl>
Date:       1999-09-30 10:19:59

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, powerpc wrote:

> From: powerpc
> To: KDE User List
> Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 2:28 PM
> Subject: help in KDE

Please do something about your editors line wrap, your lines are far
tooooo long.

> I have slackware linux v 3.4 and i have KDE 1.1.1 (SLACKWARE EDITION  ) and I also \
> have QT version 1.44 When i put startx or startkde , i get the next mesages:
>
> kwm: can't load library 'libstdc++.so.2.9'
> kfm:  can't load library 'libpng.so.2'
> and the same way with kpanel, kcontrol,kaudioserver
> i have slackware linux.
>
> please , help me in this.
> GABRIEL, powerpc80
> HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> i want to view that gorgeous KDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then really your best bet is to install slackware 4.0 that has kde
standaly installed. That sounds like a lot of work, but what i will
say is that it will be the easyest, as your version of slackware will
have toooo many old libs, you may get away with installing the 2
mentioned libs above and get kde to startup, but the apps them selfs
will need other libs which you will not have. Which means one problem
after another.

The choise is yours.

--
Regards Richard