List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: Core on most KDE applications
From:       "Chris Campbell" <campbelc () wt ! infi ! net>
Date:       1999-09-29 21:51:43

None at all. As long as you're using the Red Hat 6 compatible,
FHS-compliant, RPM packages. :c) Whew, what a mouthful. People who have
tried compiling them themselves have run into trouble. Actually, FWIW, what
*I* would recommend, with a grain of salt, is, if you're willing to reload
RH6, do so. Select KDE, but not Gnome, unless you want it, but we're not
talking about Gnomes here. Then remove KDE, using the rpm switch -e,
and --nodeps if needed. Do an "rpm -qa | more" and write down all the
packages fir KDE, and remove them. Then load the KDE 1.1.2 packages.
(Actually, this isn't what I do, I have all the upgraded files on a zip,
then I load RH6, loading only those packages I know I need, and don't have
upgrades for, then I load the upgrades without ever having the older
packages on my system. It works for me.)
Chris