List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: kpanel waiting...
From:       Oliver Immich <steadyproc () myokay ! net>
Date:       1999-09-29 14:01:02

Am Mit, 29 Sep 1999 schrieb Chris Campbell:
> So, you upgraded KDE to 1.1.2 on RH5.2? You say old version is in /opt. Does
> this mean  you loaded the FHS-compliant version of 1.1.2 which loads itself
> under the /usr file system? Have the environment variables been updated
> properly? A guess would be KDE is 'confused' about which version to use,
> although that usually renders it useless. If this is the case, try mv'ing
> the old version to a completely different place, such as /opt/kde-old then
> make a symlink to /usr in /opt/kde, with ln -s /opt/kde /usr (rm -rf
> /opt/kde, first, of course). This should all have been described in the KDE
> 1.1.2 Upgrade readme.
> Chris

The funny thing is, that the env variables are ok. Since beta4, KDE
resides in /opt/kde on my system.
With 1.1.2, I downloaded the 'old-style'-package (-> /opt/kde). Before
installing it I uninstalled the previous kde (1.1.1-rpms).
KDEDIR points at /opt/bin, so everything concerning the variables
seems to be okay.
I really don't know what's wrong with it (not really wrong, at least
but a bit tricky).

Oliver.

   steadyproc@myokay.net
   http://www.steadyproc.myokay.net