List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: fonts in KDE
From:       Tasnim Ahmed <debugger () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1999-08-31 3:54:26

Hello:

xfstt is autostarted in runlevel 5 however if you are using runlevel 4 you may
use the runlevel editor to start it there as well.

otherwise /usr/bin/X11/startx (RH) is a basj script you can check if xfstt is
not already running then launch it.
The check will prevent the error if you try to launch it when it is already.

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Gene Heskett sends Greetings to Tasnim Ahmed;
>
> Possibly silly Q?  Where, as in what file on a 6.0 system running
> mostly 1.1.2pre, do you add that "xfstt &" line to, so that it is
> autostarted with a simple "startx"?
>
> >Hi:
>
> >You have not mentioned about your system. for me KDE 1.1.2 (pre) (DOES NOT
> >MATTER) on RedHat 6.0 I installed xfstt (something).rpm and pointed the
> >default directory it uses to my /mnt/win/windows/Fonts directory so I dont
> >have to keep two copies of installed fonts. in /etc/X11/XF86Config add:
>
> >localhost:/7100
> >OR
> >unix:/7100
> >(Pls confirm the syntax from the readme in the RPM which goes to
<!- SNIP SNIP ->
--
Tasnim Ahmed
THE DEBUGGER!