List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: Serious KDE desktop problem
From:       "Rui Pinho" <r.pinho2 () ic ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1999-08-30 20:57:12

Same happened to me yesterday :-( Upgraded to kde 1.1.1 (using rpm's from
SuSE site) and now nothing works. The icons in the desktop are gone, and I
cannot start any X-application. I've followed some of the tips I've read in
this mailing list (removing files in temp folders, removing kde
configuration files from the users folders, booting in runlevel 3 and then
trying to start kdm from there, etc..), but they don't seem to do the trick.
I wonder if this a problem with SuSE? I've checked their FAQ's and found
nothing, and unfortunately their mailing list is not working.... Any clues
out there?

TIA

Rui