List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Why is no one posting to Freshmeat?
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-08-27 5:22:29

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Mosfet wrote:

> Something I have noticed for a long time is that it does not seem many of the
> KDE coders out there post their applications on Freshmeat. There are a ton of
> new releases of KDE applications, but they just go onto the ftp site and are
> not announced elsewhere. IMHO this is a waste, since many, many Linux users
> only use places like Freshmeat to learn about new applications.
>
> So app developers, when you write new applications for KDE1.x or make new
> releases you may really want to announce them at www.freshmeat.net. They will
> get much more visibility. And no, I do not work for Freshmeat or Andover, I am
> just kindof bummed that I never see most of the KDE stuff there ;-)

I was thinking about this the other day (and I think I even proposed this
once) that the simplest way to do right now is to modify the script that
publishes the releases to kde-announce automatically when apps are moved
from Incoming to the final residing dir, so that notices are sent to
Freshmeat too.

I'll try to look in how freshmeat requires submissions to be done.

A thing necessary would be to use more often the cvs2tgz script that Taj
so gently wrote for us. At least once a month. Almost each app in the CVS
gets heavily modified in the course of 2-3 weeks.

Hmmm? What do you think?

Cristian