List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Hard"ly"ware
From:       "Gene Heskett" <gene_heskett () iolinc ! net>
Date:       1999-08-27 3:57:33

Gene Heskett sends Greetings to D. Parsons;

>>Please!!!!!!!!!
>>OE is Evil?????

Why do you think half the world calls it Internet Exploder?  It may be
capable, but its a typical M$ product, with little or no docs to tell
the real users how to make it do its thing *properly*.  End result?  Its
screwed up 50% of the time.

>>I'm a linux user and very rarely boot into wondoze.  but when I do, I find
>>OE 5.0 extremely functional.  What kind of savy does it take to turn off
>>html.  At least when I recieve an html post from a student, I can read it
>>with no problem.  (of course, NS Mesaanger can read it also, but in linux I
>>prefer Kmail, which doesn't read html).  I'm no M$ fan, but I find it
>>childish to hammer away at software that works well just because it's M$.
>>They make a shitty enough OS to pound on w/o hammering their effective
>>software IMHO. Mike :o)

>Why is it that everyone thinks there are only 2 peices of email software
>around. I use Eudora Pro and it is a superior product (again) to an M$
>product. Its too bad that M$ has to bundle everything with their "supposed"
>OS. People might know of other more functional software.

'scuse me?  Those 2 pieces of 'superior' email/news software are:

Amiga's THOR
Pc's Eudora

I don't run windoze, just ados and linux.  I've dl'd about everything
for linux there is, and linux doesn't have anything that can play on the
same field in the same week as THOR.  I'd cheerfully pay 50+ bucks for a
linux version of either.

Cheers, Gene
--
  Gene Heskett, CET, UHK       |Amiga A2k Zeus040 50 megs fast/2 megs chip
    Ch. Eng. @ WDTV-5          |A2091,GuruRom,1g Seagate,CDROM,Multiface III
                               |Buddha + 4 gig WDC drive, 525 meg tape
                               |Stylus Pro, EnPrint, Picasso-II, 17" vga
         RC5-Moo! 690kkeys/sec isn't much, but it all helps
email gene underscore heskett at iolinc dot net