List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.2
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-08-13 13:31:37

KDE2.0 will not require anything like a kernel upgrade, and should be no
different than upgrading anything else (unless if you have a really old c++
compiler, then you may have to upgrade that also. Egcs is fine). The main
issue with upgrading will be that KDE1.x and KDE2.0 *does not* try to remain
compatible, thus many of your old settings will probably not remain valid. This
is unavoidable since both the configuration system and many applications
are quite different (and improved! ;-) in KDE2.

While I don't maintain RPM packages at this point, I would assume if there are
any unfilled dependencies it would prompt you to install them like any other
package does.

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com