List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: KDE 1.1.2
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1999-08-13 4:30:42

KDE2.0 betas will be released well before next year. We don't really know yet
when the final release will be. It's hard to tell with free software projects,
people tend not to do anything for a few weeks in CVS then make huge commits.
The CVS is shaping up nicely tho IMHO. There is some obvious loose ends that
need to be wrapped up but both the amount of development by mostly volunteer
programmers and the quality is real high at this point.

I am much more optimistic about the KDE2 timeframe now than I was just a few
weeks ago.

mosfet@kde.org
mosfet@jorsm.com