List:       kde-user
Subject:    kde 1.1.1 upgrading problems
From:       ncannon <ncannon () falcon ! cc ! ukans ! edu>
Date:       1999-07-29 13:30:11

Hi all,

    I'm a newbie to Linux/kde, so please bare with me.  I upgraded to
kde 1.1.1.  I think I have most of the things working however here is my
major problem.

    If I try to launch an application from the menu, the login window
says

"ERROR KFM crash
KFM Not ready"

However if I take the same application and type its name either in an
xterminal window or type it into "Execute Command" the application works
fine.  What can I do to get it to work off the menu?  I don't know about
X or kde that much, but it seems like it should be a very trivia thing
to fix.  What can I do?

Sincerely,
Nick

Background on what I have and what I did:

1)I have OpenLinux 2.2.  I got the kde 1.1.1 Rpms from www.kde.org under
stable RPM's for the OpenLinux 2.2 distribution.  I installed those
RPM's.  They were a little trouble to install, but they are all
installed except for kmedia which needs some "timidity-instrument".
However, I figure this is NOT the cause of my menu problem.