List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: How to change Icon on main screen?
From:       Sam Bonham <sbonham () cheyenneweb ! com>
Date:       1999-07-28 18:49:20

For NON-KDE apps:
Copied from "Teach yourself KDE 1.1 in 24 Hours" ps390,391"

Wayne I'm putting #8 at the top because that's what your interested in.
Steps 1-7 will get you there.

8. All applications use a standard Gear icon. To change this icon. click
on the Gear icon. A Select Icon dialog box appears.

1. Within an open kfm window, choose File, New, Application. A message
box appears with a new KDE link name shown: Program.kdelnk.

2. Edit the name of the KDE link in the message box so that it reflects
the name of the application you want to access in KDE.
  -- Leave the .kdelnk file extension on the name of the KDE link ---

3. Choose OK. The message box closes and a Gear icon appears in the kfm
window. labeled with the name you assigned to the new KDE link.

4. Right-click on the new icon and choose Properties. The General tab
appears showing the creation date and time or the KDE link file and the
name that you just assigned to it.

5. You shouldn't need to change anything on the Permissions tab, but you
can review it if you'd like. the permissions assigned to newly created
file are determined by your Linux system. See your Linux documentation
for details.

6. Click on the execute tab.

7. In the Execute field, enter the command to start this application as
you would enter it from the command line in a terminal window.

have a good one,
Sam