List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: KDE 1.1.1 and kappfinder
From:       "Timothy J F Gildersleeve" <tim () otcs ! hypermart ! net>
Date:       1999-07-28 14:21:41

I think that the problem, is in your messages.
You say that it says:

	/opt/kde/bin/kappfinder: ${install_root}/opt/kde/share/apps/kappfinder

Notice that It doesn't say /opt/kde/......... but $install_root first.  This
is possibly your problem.
What is install_root?  If for example, your install_root is /opt/kde, then
this would translate to
/opt/kde/opt/kde/share/apps/kappfinder which is clearly wrong.

One (ugly) fix for this may be to place a symlink to fool it.  Again asuming
that your install_root is
/opt/kde, you could try

ln -sf /opt /opt/kde/opt

This would create a false directory path for /opt/kde/opt/kde/share/.......

That's how it looks to me anyway.

Regards

Timothy J F Gildersleeve
Tim@otcs.hypermart.net