List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kwm segfaults
From:       Cristian Tibirna <ctibirna () total ! net>
Date:       1999-06-29 21:02:27

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999, Robert E. Parrott wrote:

> I recompiled and everything, but nothing helped.  So i looked through the .kde/config/kwmrc in my
> home directory,
> and saw a record of the troublesome xterm in this file.  Removing this reference, I was able to
> cleanly start up KDE.
>
> There two reasons for this post: 1) to simply relate this to others who might have this problem and
> 2) to ask the question:
> "Should one expect kwm to segfault and leave the user helpless when a entry in the kwmrc is corrupt?"

Please, report in detail what "flacky" machine means and the commandline
of the xterm which was segfaulting kwm. This will help us debug

Normally, kwm should ignore SessionManagement commands (like that xterm)
that can't be executed or that are broken.

Please, send me the details

Cristian

Cristian Tibirna     : ctibirna@total.net     : www.total.net/~ctibirna
PhD Student          : ctibirna@gch.ulaval.ca : web.gch.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna