List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: kcharset
From:       "Martin A. Marques" <martin () math ! unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1999-06-29 19:59:24

On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 finnegan@magnet.at wrote:

> Hello,
> as a newbie to Linux and KDE would like to ask you for help
> and advice: upon logging out of KDE and getting back to the
> console level the kernel tells me the following:
> "KCharset: Wrong charset !
> Wrong charset (unknown) ! Setting to default (us-ascii)";
>
> ...it also says, what might be relevant:
> "Some pixmaps are not valid: GimmickMode dissabled
> QImage:color:Index 255 out of range"

As far as I know, they are debugging output. Almost all the KDE apps have
debbugging code in it, and it sends the debugging info to the stderr (I
think it's there where it's send).
Nothing to worry about.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
Martin Marques			email: 	martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Patricio Cullen 6257			mmarques@frsf.utn.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina
Tel.: (54-342) 4608260		http://members.xoom.com/MartinM/