List:       kde-user
Subject:    RE: Kpackage 1.3
From:       "Santiago Burbano" <santib () mtservicios ! com>
Date:       1999-06-29 15:09:58

> > Am Sat, 26 Jun 1999 schrieb Martin Adler:
> > >Problems with configure not finding my RPM libs (I have
> > installed the newest
> > >RPM but I could't find any libs)
> > >
> > >####
> > >checking for gzread in -lz... (cached) yes
> > >checking for dbopen... (cached) no
> > >checking for dbopen in -ldb1... (cached) no
> > >checking for dbopen in -ldb... (cached) yes
> > >checking for rpmdbOpen in -lrpm... (cached) no
> > >configure: warning: RPM library not found, NO RPM support
> > >configure: warning: RPM support NOT built
> > >creating ./config.status
> > >creating Makefile
> > >####

Hi,

I have the same problem on Debian Linux. After a while of file hacking I
found that the linker is not able to find the required symbols in librpm. My
guess is that the Debian rpm package has been compiled with a different
compiler version from the one that comes shipped in the OS.

Probably, getting a source package of rpmlib and recompiling would fix the
problem but I haven't had the time to look deeper into it so, if someone
finds this useful, please let me know.

Santiago

PS: I swear, I will never post again from Outlook :)