List:       kde-user
Subject:    KPPP and 3Com IQ ISDN
From:       "Al & Sue" <arowland () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-06-29 4:38:48

Folk,

First, I'm really impressed with the RH6 KDE combination (I know, some =
of
you are saying, sheesh, if you only knew...)  All I can say is, I lived
through Windows 1.0-3.0 which had much fewer features and likely more =
bugs.
Didn't even include TCP/IP PPP.  This first RH package to default to GUI =
is
head and shoulders above the first 5 years of MS GUI. </soap box -
bandwidth abuse>

I am attempting to configure my 3COM IQ ISDN connection through the KDE
KPPP. I know it's been done so here's my situation:

KPPP is setup.  On [Connect] the modem's DTR LED lights up, the connect
window stalls at initializind modem and the [View Log] up with a blank =
data
window and an "Expecting OK" status line.

I've tried various combinations of Intialization strings/response codes =
in
the modem configuration but haven't hit the magic combination yet.

For bonus points:  I am unable to type anything in the terminal window =
when
I open it.

Again, I'm trying to do this through KPPP, not by scripting at the =
command
prompt. I welcome any and all suggestions.

Thanks,

Al