List:       kde-user
Subject:    kppp & non-starting applications
From:       Robin Wiggs <wiggs () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1999-05-31 22:12:38

OK so this is really beginning to bug me now.....

I seem to remember somebody else having the same problems recently, but can't
find an answer in the archives...

Once I have run kppp and it has connected to my ISP, I can't launch any other
apps.... indeed I need to logout / logout&reboot to start any new apps....

I did read in the help=file that it has to do with the autoconfigure hostname
option in the IP setup tab... have tried playing with this to no avail... I
have the same problem whether this option is checked or not.... however I can
start apps if I uncheck the "assign default route to this gateway" option on the
gateway tab, but then can't get my DNS server recognised...

Anyone able to help me fathom this out?

Many thanks

Robin