List:       kde-user
Subject:    Willing to build Linux Alpha RPMS
From:       Jiann-Ming Su <js1 () microwave ! ph ! msstate ! edu>
Date:       1999-05-31 1:40:30

I'm willing to build the kde*-1.1.1-1rh5x.src.rpm for Linux Alpha if someone
will tell me why I get the following error message when I run rpm --rebuild:

checking whether the C compiler (egcs  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

[root@athena source]# gcc --version
egcs-2.91.60
[root@athena source]# uname -a
Linux athena 2.2.9 #25 Fri May 14 12:09:55 EDT 1999 alpha unknown

Jiann-Ming Su                   "People seldom do what they believe in. They do
js1@microwave.ph.msstate.edu    what is convenient, then repent." --Bob Dylan