List:       kde-user
Subject:    Problem on File Sharing  ( SMB Server )
From:       "Kannaiyan" <nkans () md3 ! vsnl ! net ! in>
Date:       1999-05-28 5:47:32

Hi  --
      When I  access the Linux file system from Windows 98/95 it ask for a
password. But in all the blocks of smb.conf I have specified guest ok =  yes   I
have also defined this under global sections also. My network doesn't have any
server and  I'm presently using Linux as my server in the network. I could able
to see my Linux  server name in the windows 98/95 machiene but I could not able
to access its contents as specified in the smb.conf. Can anyone please help me ?

For your information I don't have any other Windows Server machiene. I have all
my machienes loaded with Windows 98. This is the only server in my centre.

           More over how can I access the hard disks of the Win 95/98 Machiene
from Linux. I haven't learnt about this anywhere. Could anyone help me please ?

My smb.conf file:

[globals]
workgroup=maris
Server =  mass