List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Problems compiling kexplorer 0.2...
From:       Graham Worrall <hooversox () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       1999-05-15 17:00:05

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Andrius Adomaitis wrote:
> I have compiled kexplorer 0.2 on my RH 5.3, KDE 1.1, qt 1.42  machine, and got
> following error output:
>
>  <......>
> /usr/local/kde/lib/libkimgio.so: undefined reference to `png_read_update_info'
> /usr/local/kde/lib/libkimgio.so: undefined reference to
`png_read_end' > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [kexplorer] Error 1
.......etc>
> So,  how can I fix this? Maybe I should upgrade kdelibs 1.1 or libc5?

I had similar problems and had the following reply from Michael Goffioul (the
author):-

"Known bug.  Edit the 'src/Makefile' (after compilation).  Search for the line
'LIB_KIMGIO = -lkimgio -ljpeg -ltiff' and add '-lpng -lz' at the end of the
line.  Then 'make' and it should compile."

Hope this helps - It compiled OK when I did this but I still have a problem,
when I run it I get 'segmentation fault (core dumped)' so I still don't know
what the program does!
Hope you do better.
Graham Worrall