List:       kde-user
Subject:    Easy question ?
From:       "Alvaro M. Piffaretti" <apiffa () adinet ! com ! uy>
Date:       1999-03-27 19:15:39

Hi all,

Does anyone know the answer to the message that appears every time
you open a kvt or konsole that says "/dev/ttypx operation not permitted"
?.
In my case it happens if I add the -ls (read login script) option to
those terminals, thing I need so the kvt/konsole reads my .bashrc.

I've been trying different sec. modes to the tty's char devices, with no
results.

By now I'm using the well known xterm, but would like to use an xterm
that
belongs to the desktop environment itself.

best regards,
Alvaro.