List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: couple newbie questions
From:       David Rugge <davidrugge () mindspring ! com>
Date:       1999-03-08 3:29:01

On Sun, 07 Mar 1999, Jim Snyder wrote:
>Thanks for the reply Wolfgang
>
>Are the GTK rpm's needed for KDE to function at it's best? I don't seem to be
>having any problems so far today and have been using KDE (Mandrake version)
>all day with only a couple problems.  My Netscape has froze up a couple
>times. This version is 4.08. Is this common? It has done the same thing under
>Red Hat 5.2 and 5.1 on occasion.

No. You only need GTK for applications that use it, such as any GNOME app and
some other popular applications such as The GIMP. You'll know it if you need
it, because RPM should complain if you try to uninstall it and other apps
require it.

--
-David Rugge

http://www.mindspring.com/~davidrugge/index.html