List:       kde-user
Subject:    SOLUTION: kconfig.moc: No such file or directory
From:       Koos Pol <koos_pol () nl ! compuware ! com>
Date:       1999-03-04 15:57:08

Browsing through the email archives at www.kde.org it seems the developers
haven't tackled this problem yet. And apparently more guys and galls are
having this problem.
Although I am no developer and am not really sure why things do or don't work,
I dug into the makefiles to track down what is going on.

I found out the the *.moc files are to be generated from *.h files. If you
unpack a source package (e.g. kdebase-1.1) run the following line from the
package root and your whoes will be gone (I hope :-)

for i in `find . -name "*.h" -print`; do echo "*** $i ***";moc $i -o `echo
$i|sed -e 's/\.h//'`.moc ;done

This line will find all .h files and moc will do it's best to create a
decent .moc from them.
Cheers,

Koos Pol
S.C. Pol                          T: +31 20 3116122
Systems Administrator             F: +31 20 3116200
Compuware Europe B.V.             E: koos_pol@nl.compuware.com
Amsterdam                         PGP public key available