List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: OT: vcards html etc.
From:       "Ronald Prague" <ronp () fishnet ! net>
Date:       1999-02-28 18:30:48

Bandwidth?

Uh... the additional 2 - 3 k for a piece of mail with a vcard, html and even
security
signatures means positively nothing as far as the great bandwidth debate
goes.
Usenet porn uses 30 - 40% of all active bandwidth out on the net.  You want
to save
bandwidth?  Get rid of every alt.binary.*.sex.porn.nude.crap group and watch
what
happens.

There are enough web sites for this crap, there's no reason to propigate the
same
picture of miss June spreading her clam to 1900 news servers around the US.

There's some bandwidth usage for you.

Ron