List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Installing rebuilding from src.rpm
From:       Me Again <mark () wheely ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-02-28 14:34:43

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Steen Rabol wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have two machins running Linux, one without KDE and one with KDE.
>
>Now I wnat to rebuild KDE 1.1, can I do that on the machine that don't have
>KDE, and then install the fresh RPM's on the other machine ??
>
>Do I have to install it as it gets rebuild ??
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Steen

When the two system are the same, I tend to build and install on one box.  Then
I NFS export the directory that has the source in and nfs mount it on the
second machine.  Then go into each KDE source directory (support, libs, base
etc) on the nfs mount and do a make install.  Always works for me.

Regards

Mark