List:       kde-user
Subject:    KDE1.1 probs
From:       Greg Skafte <skafte () worldgate ! com>
Date:       1999-02-28 4:09:50

I've been running kde1.1 now for a few weeks, and for the most part it
seem pretty stable.

Occasionally though I and my collegues find that we loose our desktop
settings, or parts of our .kde and Desktop directories get changed to
read-only .....

Often after an Xserver crash, but sometimes just out of the blue .....

This if a Freebsd 3.1-stable box, XFree86 3.3.3.1 and qt 1.42 ....

any thoughts comments, I've sucked down the latest source tree but have got
around to looking at things ..... since I normally don't have autoconf
installed on my BSD machines.....

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +780 413 1910	  Fax: +780 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)