List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Interesting KFM-Feature?
From:       "Vincent - D. Ertner" <kde () eec ! de>
Date:       1999-02-13 14:02:58

>|I wondered whether there is a way to put another link into the tree-view of
>|KFM?
>|There is root, My Home and Desktop ... and I would like to have a symlink
>|to /usr/local/src and /usr/src/packages ...

>you can bookmark those directories, or you can put a symlink in, say,
>/home.

Bookmark
- This needs usually another kfm-window ... thus it's not the short and
effective way to copy eg some files from an ftp server to /usr/local/src

Symlink
- This is a shorter way, sure ... but it's not very elegant.

The tree-view is very empty - so why can't we use it for something useful?

Vince