List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Kmail
From:       Martin "Skjöldebrand" <chimbis () bahnhof ! se>
Date:       1999-01-31 20:20:39

On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Martin "Skjöldebrand" wrote:
=>On Sun, 31 Jan 1999, Selvakumar Nair wrote:
=>
=>=>>Silly me!  You can create special accounts to check mail from a file.  Just go
=>=>>to File | Settings and go to the Network tab.  Click Add.  Select "Local
=>=>>Mailbox" in the dialog and press OK. You then get a dialog that lets you set
=>=>>where your mailfile is and what mailbox to put your new mail in.
=>=>>
=>=>
=>=>But that is what everyone does ! The problem, I thought, was how to keep
=>=>the mail in the system wide spool /var/spool/mail/whatever and not copy it
=>=>to the home directory. I still dont know how to do that in a safe way, as
=>=>is possible with pine or elm, for example.
=>=>
=>
=>Nah!
=>Not me. I just added a POP mailbox. Question is though where does the folders
=>end up? In /var/spool/mail/whatever? Else it is pretty pointless.
=>
=>I suppose you have to set up fetchmail or some such if one uses the suggestion
=>above?
=>
Shouldn't reply to ones own messages but ...

Just tried setting up such a mailbox in said directory. Kmail still downloads
into ~/Mail anyway. And reads it too. So I suppose again that you have to
disable the POP mailbox and get mail through fetchmail into
/var/spool/mail/whatever and read it through local. Still there is the problem
om mail folders.

M.