List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Kppp and Red Hat 5.2
From:       dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr ! com>
Date:       1999-01-31 18:06:11

hi,
  has anyone gotten everything to work seamlessly on the latest Sony VAIO
series...[TX] as i am interested for 2 reasons 1- heard it is rock solid and
priced far better than its closest competitors period. plus because there is
the potential that everthing on linux and bsd would work i am staring wide
eyed:) what is it going for these days??? any gotchas as i would rather
purchase a older model or another brand if there are problems installing
linux and BSD as i have no intentions on running windows period;')
						Regards,
						dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com
At 11:09 AM 1/31/99 +0100, Javier Hernandez wrote:
>On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Conor Buescher wrote:
>>I'm currently having a problem setting up my modem with kde and RH 5.2.I
have a
>> Sony Vaio machine with the built in "LT Win Modem" and according to the
setup
>> information it's located on COM3, which I guess would be ssty02 but when
I use
>>this setting and all other setting for that matter,/dev/modem,/dev/cua02,
etc.,
>> I get the following: "Modem is Busy." I can reset the modem using the
terminal
>> window reset, but when I send it a query or try to connect I get the
"Modem is
>> Busy" error.
>>
>> Any idea on what I'm doing wrong???
>
>Hi Conor,
>I am afraid I do not know what you are doing wrong.
>I only can suggest you to contact the Sony 505 mail list.
>
>I have read messages from some persons there using the Sony VAIO modem
>at linux without problem so I do not think it is a Winmodem.
>
>For information about Sony 505 mail list:
>Sony VAIO 505 info - http://www.enteract.com/~epbrown/sony505.html
>
>I hope this can help you.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Javi,          _____            fjherna@europa3.com
>                 |              fjhernandez@recol.es

Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being
spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038.

DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL WEB INTEGRATION, DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN SERVICES.
Featuring Website Development and Web Strategies of a TOP Developer
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
"As Unique as the Company You Keep."        "===0 PGP Key Available