List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Modem Dialing
From:       dreamwvr <dreamwvr () dreamwvr ! com>
Date:       1999-01-31 17:12:20

hi Michael,
          let me know how it is that you resolve this as i would be interested
as well...
							TIA
							Regards,
							dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com
At 01:14 PM 1/31/99 +1030, you wrote:
>G'day
>
>Mandrake V5.2
>RedHat V5.2
>
>I am posting in both lists as I feel it applies to both.
>
>Problem when I use dialing programs, such as Kppp, wvdial, or
>networkconfig to dial out, I get modem modem not responding, yet all
>these programs can auto config the modem.
>
>I use pppd connect 'chat "" atdtxxxxxxxx ogin: xxxxxx word: xxxxxx'
>/dev/cua1 38400 mru 296 lock debug crtscts modem defaultroute netmask
>255.255.255.xxx, to dial out and this works every time.
>
>The reason for wanting to use Kppp is the redial on disconnect function
>as I'm connected 24/7 and suffer line dropout every now and again and
>want to reconnect auto.
>--
>
>Michael Doyle
>Adelaide, South Australia
>http://landofoz.apana.org.au
>--
>Send posts to:  kde-user@lists.netcentral.net
> Send all commands to:  kde-user-request@lists.netcentral.net
>  Put your command in the SUBJECT of the message:

Reuters, London, February 29, 1998:
Scientists have announced discovering a meteorite which will strike the
earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX coders expressed relief for being
spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038.

DREAMWVR.COM - TOTAL WEB INTEGRATION, DEVELOPMENT, DESIGN SERVICES.
Featuring Website Development and Web Strategies of a TOP Developer
<http://www.dreamwvr.com/dynamicduo.html> <mailto:dreamwvr@dreamwvr.com>
"As Unique as the Company You Keep."        "===0 PGP Key Available