List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: Help with KDEDIR
From:       Dave Nash <dave () gnasher ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1998-11-30 23:06:11

"Sheldon E. Newhouse" wrote:

> Jim Osborn writes:
>
>  >
>  > All the statements in my startkde script add to an existing PATH,
>  > so the problem must be elsewhere.  I start KDE using startx from
>  > a linux console, which has my PATH set properly.
>  >
>  > Has anyone found a way around this problem?
> Edit the file /opt/kde/share/applnk/Utilities/kvt.kdelnk
>
> and make sure the line starting with 'Exec' looks like the following.
>
> Exec=kvt -caption "%c" %i %m -ls

This will make kvt a login shell which means it will run the default
profile for your shell (.bash_profile if you're shell is bash).  The
path is normally set in /etc/profile initially as this is the global
profile for all users.

You could also put stuff in Xsession (if you use KDM or XDM) or xinitrc
(if you use startx).

Dave