List:       kde-user
Subject:    kfm doesn't die and hogs CPU
From:       "F. Fernandez" <ferdez () despodata ! pt>
Date:       1998-11-30 10:06:20

Hi all!

I'm using a Debian 2.0 in a server for a small workgroup. Users have
old 486 PC's with 8Mb RAM as X-terminals and we are using K as our
environment. We are very pleased with it despite some inocent bugs.
We installed K from the Debian distribution.

One bigger problem , however, is that sometimes, when the user logs
off, kfm doesn't die and seems to enter an infinite loop grabbing all
the CPU it can. The result is that the machine becomes very slow.

I believe that other k-processes do this to but I'm only sure
about kfm (I' just found one that kept running all weekend until
I killed it this morning).

If anyone has a solution for this please share it with me. If not
we'll just wait for the next release of these wonderful packages.

Thanks in advance,

Fernando

--
Fernando Fernandez