List:       kde-user
Subject:    Kmail - Unable to Send Mail
From:       Neville.Caine () dhs ! vic ! gov ! au
Date:       1998-11-30 5:11:40

I have recently installed Kmail and have managed to configure it to
retrieve messages from my ISP dial up account (POP). I have not been able
to send messages with either of the sending options available in Kmail
Network options. i.e Sendmail or SMTP ( I am using the default ports
Sendmail 25 and SMTP 110).

I do not know a great deal about configuring Sendmail. Are there other
setup processes that I should be working through outside of Kmail to enable
Kmail to send mail via my ISP eg Sendmail? Are there any resources around
that would describe the set up process?

I have been able to send messages from Netscape Messenger. I want a mail
program that I can use off-line. The  Linux version of Netscape does not
seem to work in off-line mode. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Neville Caine