List:       kde-user
Subject:    kde snapshot issues
From:       "David E. Fox" <dfox () belvdere ! vip ! best ! com>
Date:       1998-11-29 21:23:40

2 issues for now:

1) I haven't had the newer set of KDE stuff running for that long
of a time, nor have I done that much drag & drop (or for instance,
clicking on a URL to open up kfm and display a web page) -- these
I would expect to create instances of kioslave. But right now
I have in excess of 30 copies of kioslave running, which I
consider to be a bit excessive -- I don't recall having more
than 12 at any one time in the 1.0 production version.

2) Despite having synched up all the tarballs to the 11/29
snapshots, I am still having problems linking some packages. In
particular, kdeutils exits early with some undefined references,
and kdegames won't fully compile due to an invalid reference to
uncompress inside ksokoban. Some of these have persisted since I
began to bring snapshots down on 11/21. Sure, I know that this
stuff isn't ready for public consumption yet.

David E. Fox                 Tax              Thanks for letting me
dfox@belvdere.vip.best.com   the              change magnetic patterns
root@belvedere.sbay.org      churches         on your hard disk.