List:       kde-user
Subject:    Re: help with $PATH & $KDEDIR
From:       Dave Goodrich <DAve () mail ! netraven ! com>
Date:       1998-11-29 20:22:27

Slackware 3.6, and it works!   I'm not sure just why it works but I have a
suspicion.  I made some changes to the KDRDIR and PATH lines the faq recommends
be installed.  I took them out of the init script and put them into my startkde
script, then I preceeded every startup call with $KDEDIR/bin and restarted X.

WaLa!  Kde works, and for every user, and root can now make changes.  I think I
even understand what is happening.  I cleaned out all other changes I made,
deleted all directories except /opt/kde/........  and restarted X again.  A
perfect KDE desktop.

Cool,

DAve.